Wednesday 3 June 2009

beginning



Who, what, where when... how to start? At the beginning I suppose. Here's a few beginnings I've just jotted down to get me out of the starting gates!





  1. And then she was gone...

  2. New shoes aren't always to be celebrated...

  3. I'd spent a lifetime waiting for this moment, and now it had arrived all I wanted to do was run away as far and as fast as I could.

  4. It wasn't that I wanted her to get sick, it was the sheer rush of relief that sent the words spilling out unchecked.




Now to continue...

2 comments:

m said...

love this. I did a creative writing course a couple of years ago in New York and this is how they used to get us started. It was amazing hearing all the stories everyone made up with just the same starting sentence. M

Amy said...

I love those starting sentences. I am getting all sorts of ideas.